Turn your passion into a career or business.
PHC is the first distance horticulture program that is designed specifically for the prairie provinces.
Whether you are looking to work at a greenhouse or you want to start your own business, this program provides all the essential tools to get you started in the horticultural industry.
Choose your stream of study:
- Fruit and Vegetable Production
- Greenhouse Crop Production
- Landscaping and Arboriculture
- Nursery Crop Production
Courses from the streams can be taken toward your certificate or as stand-alone options for personal interest and professional upgrading. Courses are offered online and/or as print-based home study options.
The Prairie Horticulture Certificate is collaboratively offered through a consortium of three Western Canadian educational institutions:
- Assiniboine Community College (Brandon, Manitoba)
- Olds College (Olds, Alberta)
- University of Saskatchewan (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan)
Once you apply or enrol in your home institution, you can take classes from all consortium members.